Class Parent Meeting
- Captain should obtain email address and phone number for each Class Parent (CP). Copies of this information should be made and distributed to all before everyone leaves for the night.
- Each CP should be assigned to one of the four parties: Halloween, Winter, Spring and End of Year – 2 CPs at each party. A copy of the list should be given the PTA Board. All 8 CP’s are expected to plan and attend one party each.
- Captain should modify the “Class Parent Intro” letter, which is found on the PTA website. Send it home to the class.
- Captain should email the teacher and introduce him/herself as the Class Captain. Ask if there are any food allergies in the class and ask for a list of student names.
- Captains should divide the party money among their Party Parents: ¼ to a Halloween Party Parent, ¼ to a Holiday Party Parent, ¼ to Spring Party Parent and keep ¼ for End of Year Party.
- Captain should maintain a list of classroom families that are willing to donate drinks and/or snacks for events throughout the year.
- CPs in charge of Halloween Party should confer with their teacher about plans and time for party. Return any unused $ to Captain for End of Year party.
- CPs in charge of Holiday Party should confer with their teacher about plans and time for party. Return any unused $ to Captain for End of Year party.
- Captain should send home letter requesting money from parents for a Holiday Class Gift for teacher (and aide, if applicable). Letter is available on the PTA website.
- Captains should contact teacher to see if a special snack is wanted for Valentine’s Day. If so, contact Volunteers (if you have any) or any snack/drink volunteers for donations for special Valentine’s Day Snacks. There is no “party” that needs to be attended. Observe all district nutrition rules and teacher’s preferences.
- CPs in charge of Spring Party should confer with their teacher about plans and time for the party. Return any unused $ to Captain for End of Year party.
- Captains should plan the End of Year Party with input from all other Captains and CPs.
- Captains should contact Teacher about number of CP’s allowed at the party. Please abide by Teacher’s wishes.
- Captain should send home letter requesting money from parents for an End of Year Class Gift for Teacher (and aides, if applicable). The letter is available on the PTA website.
- Teacher will notify the Captain of the date of the Field Trip and the number of Chaperones needed. Captain will then contact the CP’s in the order in which they were drawn to see who is available to go. If any are unavailable, the Captain should continue through the list of Class Parents and Volunteers until all spots are filled. In the event that there is a 2nd class trip, Captain will contact Class Parents who were not selected for the first class trip before repeating the process and starting at the beginning.
Please note that due to medical and other issues, a Teacher may wish for other parents to attend a Field Trip, thus reducing the number of CPs needed as chaperones. Please respect and abide by the Teacher’s decision.
1st Grade Play/4th Grade Talent Show
- Captains should use some of their party money ($10) to purchase a bouquet for the Teacher.